Thursday, April 28, 2005

April 28, 2005

Today was different, went to my local Sainsbury’s…. I was buying some yoghurt… I love yoghurt!!! And some cookies…. That’s when I saw this girl in the fruits section… even though I just saw her from behind and couldn’t see the face… I was like wow… she had jeans on and yet, I could see what she was working with… her hair wasn’t short… but it looked nice… that’s when she turned around… I kinda dreaded this moment… because I’ve seen countless girls you see from the back, and you like YEAH! but when you see their face… you like NO!!!!!!! But I must say she was pretty… she had light brown skin…. And her lips were just perfect… our eyes made brief contact and I flashed an English smile… the “fake” courteous smile you make when you get into the elevator full of people… she didn’t smile back… I’m like okay… she looked about 19, 20…??? Kelly could do with someone new right now… I had to say something… I couldn’t let her walk away… even if it was nothing major… I had to let her know I existed for the moment… DAMN!! Kelly think…think… say something… then the light bulb lit…. “You are like the prettiest girl I’ve seen in this store for a while…. Are you friendly?” The look on her face was like “What is this guy on about?”… For one second I thought she was going to blank me, so I did a quick look around to check of anyone was watching or listening… there was nobody… “Err… sometimes…” She said in a plain tone… she wasn’t helping… she probably thought who is this guy trying to be funny…? “Sometimes….. In that case I’ll leave you to enjoy your plums alone…” I said… “Nice meeting you, I’m Kelly by the way…” She had this perplexed look on her face…. Like what is wrong with this guy? By the way my hand was stretched out for a handshake… and she looked at my hand for a minute and she shook it…. “Donna” She said… still not smiling… “You got soft hands… what moisturizer do you use?” I said… again… she looked at me like I was going crazy but she then burst out laughing… “Is this some joke?” She said… “No… not at all…. Just some guy who is really crap at chirsping a girl having a go…. How am I doing?” I said… “Just like you expected….crap…” she smiled and started to walk away… even though the event was funny… I still felt like my ego was being stepped up…. To be frank I wasn’t too good at chirsping women… I was more into conversations then pop up the question… “Have you got email?” I said… I had let the words come out before I thought to myself “email?????” she looked at me again… and shook her head… “You do know what that is right?” I said… I felt like with every word I was saying, I was digging a hole for myself and it was well deep now… “Of course I know what it is” she said… it was now like I was following her… she was heading for a checkout… “So have you got one?” I asked again… “Yes…” she said… “I take it, its donna@stushgirls.com?” I said…. “Haha… that’s funny…” she said… I could see she was now enjoying the attention…. Even though I still felt a bit stupid…. “errmm… is it leavemealone@idonttalktostrangers.com? “ I said… I wasn’t giving up… “okay this is getting ridiculous now…” she said as she got to the checkout till… it was a guy at the checkout and he could see I was trying to work a lil’ something… so he was smiling… “can you please tell her how pretty she looks…?” I said to the guy at the counter… who just seemed to smile and said nothing… I knew she was enjoying all this attention… who wouldn’t enjoy it… it wasn’t like I was some grotesque looking guy… I mean, this is Kelly!!! Wait until you see my TT parked outside… “Okay let me have your number then even if I can’t have your email address…” I said… it was really getting ridiculous now… it was going on for too long…. I MEAN!!! We got out of the supermarket together… and I felt like a bugaboo... but what kept me going was the fact that her body language wasn’t saying sod-off… and she hasn’t said… “Can you please stop bothering me… you tosser”, so I assumed she was loving it… she brought out her keys and pressed something… and I could see the side lights of the black polo flash…. “seen… she drives” I thought… “Is she trying to show off…?” She got into her car… and I can’t believe I was standing next to the car…. “I think its time you gave up” I thought to myself…. She opened the glove box and brought out a pen and wrote down something and handed it to me…. It read “princess_donna@hotmail.com” …. I smiled and shook my head… “I hope it was worth it…” I said… as she drove off with Ciara’s “Goodies” oozing out of her car stereo…. “YESSSS!!!!” I said to myself proudly… that was a proper long ting!!! Damn… princess donna… better be some bonafide email address!

I got home and the first thing I did was to sign on to hotmail on my laptop…. Typed in her email address…

Ever since I laid my eyes on you
Can’t separate what’s fantasy from what’s true
The food I got from the store has lost its taste
I feel my blood is turning into a paste
The colours I see look nothing but dull
Sitting here thinking about how much I wanna get to know you more…

Kelly…xxx

Ps. mail me back even if it’s just to say “I’m not interested”


I hit the send button and a huge grin formed on my face… “this should be fun…” I said to myself

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

go tactic Kelly, any1 agress wiv this?

1:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly u r so funny, especially with the dot com aliases

2:12 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have 2 use that one day

2:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home