Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Feb 23, 2005

Something funny happened today, I’ve never experienced being tipsy before (because I’m not a big drinker…), but at work I had a slight experience. We had a presentation with a client and there were a few drinks and slight snacks going around. So I thought… oh free wine ey? I went for red wine (I’m more of a white wine person…don’t know why I went for red today)… I took the first glass… I was a bit thirsty and a gulped a mouthful of the wine… and I thought to myself… “what are you doing Kelly? This isn’t water you know?” I finished the first glass and I went for a second…mid-way through the second glass, I was having a chat with my project manager, who had just introduced me to one of the clients and I had this funny feeling like a horn was being blown into my ears… I’m like crap what’s that… it never occurred to me it could be the wine… after that my head started going all wobbly… I’m like what the monkeys was in this wine? The wine was crap anyway… but I wasn’t feeling my normal self and I kept of smiling at everything she said (project manager)… and I’m like “Why are you smiling Kelly? There’s nothing funny!” It was well weird…

Okay, I was thinking, what is with chics and make-up? I like make-up, the whole concept is good, but I think too many women get carried away with the concept of “make-up”… Make-up is used to enhance beauty and appearance right? Could make-up also be used to “make-up” as in making up for “defects” or not so good features? i.e. bad skin, blackheads, spots? My views on this are quite subjective so I might step on a few toes… I’ll start with what I don’t like… I’m not a big fan of foundation and mascara… if used in prudent and reasonable quantities it can be good but some girls just get carried away… and their faces end up looking so plastic…and you are like….arrggghhhh!!!! (the dude who just saw something awfully frightening)… Also all you want is a hug and you get a good stain of brown powder on your new white shirt or better still on your face! I’m not a fan of lip stick either… lip gloss is so better!!! And the funky colours on the eye lids! Now what I like…. Carefully use of eye shadow is so nice… it accentuates the eyes and makes it look all sultry… arrrggghhhh!!! (the dude who can’t control himself because he’s just seen a beautiful woman)…. Lip gloss is good… especially the fruit flavoured ones that softens and moisturises the lips…. That’s about the kinda make-up I like…. If you’ve got bad skin… make-up is not the way out… let your skin BREATHE!!!! Make sure you take vitamins… Vitamin E is good for your skin…it helps it heal… and clears blackheads…. Also having a facial scrub won’t go amiss…. Or use skin toning products…. This is so unfair… because for men… what you see is what you get….!!! We don’t wear make up, so when you see us on the first day, we look about the same on the next day (excluding those who suffer from the FWD (Fine When Dark) syndrome) I understand make-up is part of dressing up… but keep down… easy and lovely… you are not dressing up to be an extra from a low budget zombie movie…. Don’t forget Kelly likes make-up…. But tone it down…. Natural beauty is good…. Hmm… I should start a campaign for natural beauty in women….

I was at Louise’s place yesterday… nothing happened… but it was fun talking to her and watching TV… she can be very good company… that’s some girl who appreciates my sense of humour…. Plus… my bad singing…. I wish I could sing sometimes…. And make up songs on the fly and sing to a lady…. Plus the perfect gift will be an acoustic guitar… with a little poem inscribed on the back…(maybe a sonnet)…with To Kelly… at the bottom…. That will have been a sweet valentine’s day present… hmm… the lady who does that without me telling her will have to be the one!!! (you know… the One… Like in The Matrix… THE ONE….ooooOOOHHHH)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly's No.1 fan

The guitar thing is so sweet!!!!!!!

7:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so true! My girlfriend wears too much makeup nowadays, she never used to and I dont know how to tell her without offending her

7:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must confess i agree with kelly on this one i am a girl and the only makeup i wear is mascara and vaseline(sorry u dont approve kelly!)but it gets on my nerves so bad wen u see girls who plaster it on... less is more plus dey might run away once they fnd out whats underneath the mask of cosmetics!!! spear urself the shame

10:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've just been reading this whole lounge thingy and i've noticed a couple of things (i'm a girl by the way) the level or arrogance in the whole thing is unreal and very off putting i dunno who u think u are....BROWNSUGARITIS? u gota be joking yeah, its luving, every1 likes luving especially wen its good but don't be coming up with some name of a condition to describe the girls that wanna get with u (or like getting with u )....theres a only one constant ive seen throughout the whole thing and that is louise, she always there even when the other gals come and go u always talk bout her, and when u did ur little review thing she got 9 or 8 for everything except looks..... and u sed u can just be urself round her sing, say dumb jokes.....so?? y don't u get with her?...cause ur not SERIOUS and u think ur too nice....i'm so glad lisa left u dow, u can't have ur cake and eat it! and that guitar thing...its a bit??? yeah its sweet but it aint gonna happen there u go again with ur high unreal expectations from relationships and women!! but keep doing wat ur doing keep writing it good

9:06 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly is so funny, i think he's just one of those people we love to hate or better still HATE TO LOVE! girls admit it, his arrogance is a charm!

2:05 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah its true; i'm a girl and kelly is deffinately the kinda guy you hate to love!! but thats not necessarily a good thing.......

6:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

arrogance is sexy...but u take it to a new level

4:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home