Monday, February 21, 2005

Feb 19, 2005

Today was nice... man on a mission. I changed my mind about Lisa, couldn't be bothered about the whole revenge mission, the resulting drama won't be worth it.. so I thought I should let it rest for the time being. For now, I need to recruit more people, the three I had right now were stressing me out. I am holding Tracy at bay, mess around with your man; you'll come back in a matter of time. Amy doesn't phone me anymore because she reckons I'm long... and Louise is just being a nut case.

I had a party to go to with Byron and he'd been carry on about getting there fashionably late... but I knew what I wanted to get out of this party... I needed new girls... and my target was at least five numbers... it'd only occurred to me that if you leave a party with just one number (which is alright), you might encounter certain mishaps... i.e. she gave you a wrong number, she's got a boyfriend, she doesn't like you like that, she just wants to be friend, she's not really your type or worse still she gives you that "I'm busy right now... can you call me back later"... when she says that... you should know you've got loads of work to do... or you might as well just give up at that point.. (Although there are anomalies to this case... where she is genuinely busy)

Anyway I told Byron I’d meet him at the party… I went early, when the party was actually meant to start (8pm)… there’s a saying which says “The early bird gets the best worm”… It was a house party… I knew the female host on an acquaintance level… there were only three people there (including the host)… I ruled out the host because I already had her number and wasn’t my type anyway… one of the other girls was helping the host out in the kitchen and the other was having a look at the host’s CD collection… which was my forte… “Having a hard time picking the right one?” I said as I stood next over her squatted pose… “Not really…” She smiled nervously… was it my good looks or just my height? I’ll opt for the first… “Let me have a look…” I took some CDs from her and had a quick look scanning what artistes where in the collection… we had a brief conversation… about music and our interests in music…her name was Anne… she wasn’t all that but would do… you can’t know too many girls and every “not so buff” girl has a buff friend… so you never know… people started arriving… and I kept on doing the same… having bits and bobs of conversations with random girls… (each lasting about 3mins…then I’ll tell them I had to speak to someone)… at the end of the night, I had spoken to ten girls… and got six phone numbers…. Hmmm… I’ll be having a busy week next week ey? Byron got there really late when I had done my dirty work… so we had a drink and spoke ogling at every bum that seemed to pass us by (female bum that is)… some of the girls I had spoken to smiled as they walked past or said something… and Byron would be like “Where do you know her from?”… I wasn’t sure if I wanted to be telling Byron my strategies… so I just said… just a friend…

So guys… a quick tip… getting to a party fashionably late is good… but if you looking to get numbers… (get a good early pick… getting there early is not so bad)… when you do speak to the girls… don’t “hit” on them… talk to them like they are your mom’s friend or an old friend… no sexual connotations in conversations… just talk like you getting to know them… spend less than 5mins and move on to something else… when the girl sees you talking to another girl, she thinks you are popular and assumes you know the other girl (since you body language is not screaming… I wanna get with you)… that will make her ask her girlfriends… “who’s that guy?” the more girls look at you… the more girls that will wanna know you…. And also… wear a good cologne… or better still.. I recommend… Brut splash-on lotion… it tones your skin and has that distinctive Brut smell… also apply on cologne to your ears… so when she leans in to say something into your ears… she can smell that wonderful scent on you (which will make her remember you)….

Six numbers out of ten… not that bad…. Hmm…

Ps… getting the number… when you wanna get a number… don’t suggest that you like them and wanna get to know them… don’t suggest you wanna be friends… because that sucks… since you’ve spoken to them like twice or three times at the party… just say it was nice speaking to them and ask if you could call them sometimes… DON’T SAY CAN I HAVE YOUR NUMBER???? SAY CAN I CALL YOU SOMETIMES!!!!!!!!!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly seems to have well laid out ways of meeting girls and makes it sound so easy. As a guy I find it challenging chatting to girls, especially coming up with an ice breaker. Can any girl recommend a good way or failsafe way of approaching a girl? All the girls I talk to now have all been friends of friends

4:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

listen if your a guy and ur really feeling a girl dont do all this 'getting there early bullshit' all that does is make u look like a bit of a loser. if u just approach her and keep it real...be urself so she knows what ur all about. theres no such thing as a failsafe appraoch everyone is different obviously dont come wid no i really like u an wana b wid u crap just talk 'u alrite' and trus me if she likes u she will continue if she dont she probably dont like u. shallow i know but at least u no straight off right? if u do wot kelly did u will get busted. believe me girls talk ALOT i sud no i am 1...dont u think that if ur at a party and u move to 10 girls they wont no each other? its a small world if da girls don no eachother they will no sum1 who nos sum1 see wot 1 mean. guys who move like kelly always end up wid girls who play games as well just look at his situation now! game recognise game its tru

let me no wot u think write another comment

7:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thx, I see what you are saying about if a girl likes you she does, but sometimes boys grow on girls. To be honest im not looking for a girlfriend but I just wanna meet more girls. Sometimes I can see the sense in what kelly says cuz I know some boys who are like that and they get away with doing tings with two friends.

9:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i totally agree with the girl who said 'don't come early cause u look like a loser' i'ma girl myself and yeah the best thing is be urself.... i think kellys approach is all a bit too arrogant (at times) yeah some boys can get away with that kinda flex but most can't trust me....some are just born charmers, but if u aren't one of them and u try it you'll just end up looking like a fool...... and kelly getting 10 numbers or 6 or whatever in one night....who do u think u are exactly is dat how unserious u are and is dat how much time u got on ur hands!!!!!

10:16 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think some people aren't understanding Kelly, he got 6 numbers using a "hope we can continue this converstaion later" approach, not "im moving to you" approach, so on the onset it looks innocent, but then he has to work out how he then "moves" to these girls without any agro or unneccesary drama

1:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home