Monday, February 14, 2005

Feb 13, 2005

I had to get myself out of the house tonight, yesterday had been an utter waste!!! I can't let myself go! All because of a girl, I'm meant to be the daddy!!!

I met up with Byron in the evening at Bar One. He couldn't stop telling me about how he got lucky yesterday. "Is that why you left me yesterday? I had to catch a cab and picked up my car this morning!" I said... drinking my orange juice (no more drinking, I had work the next day as well)... "It wasn't like that, you looked really bad yesterday... all hammered... and falling asleep at a party... come on Kelly... it's not Lisa is it?" I dont know if he was concerned or taking the piss, "It's not her... I just feel violated, some other guy took my girl!!! and she was playing the good girl all along, saying we should spend time apart!!!" ... "Have you spoken to her yet?" Byron asked. "It's not about calling her... she can go off with some next man, it doesn't bother me, what bothers me is the fact that some next man took my girl" I said thinking about how the night had unfolded. "Tracy was meant to come over last night, but I told her I wasn't feeling good" I said... "Is it!!! really that bad ey?"... "Guess so... what are you doing tomorrow?" I asked... "Nothing...you know... you?" Is that a joke or what?... what am I doing? It wasn't like I had no one to ask out...but no one was special enough for me to ask out on Valentines day... maybe some other day... "Errmm... working late?" I said... "Seen..." Byron smiled as we both downed the rest of the drinks in our glasses in silence... guess at that point we could both see the state of our love life... NON-EXISTENT!!!... I had a quick flash back about my times with Claire... with Lorraine, those were the times I shared my life with someone... and they did equally, didn't have to think about no one else apart from the one you cared about... Claire had been the last time I had butterflies when I thought about spending time with her... Lorraine was a greater level of intimacy... we talked and shared thoughts... it was with her I understood the word "intimacy"... intimacy isn't about getting physical, it's about connecting emotionally...not physically... I liked Lorraine... she gave me hope in relationships after my last failed one... which she made a mess of after the relatiohsip ended... at that point I just wanted to make up for all the lost time....

Byron and I left the bar to some girl's house, who was having a little get-together... nothing special... just a way to wrap up another crappy day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home