Monday, February 21, 2005

Feb 20, 2005

Sunday!!! Today was different… we had a little reunion, “the boys” (more like “The Brothers”)… It was Byron, Michael, Mark and I.

Okay a brief introduction… Mark is the fourth in the pack. Mark is 23, good looking, charming… all the ladies man malarkey… he also had money. Mark worked in media for some magazine company… one of the glossy elite ones… There was no denying it Mark was a ladies man… if you went to a party with Mark, there will be at least one girl who liked Mark, without him saying in word… and in most cases…. It wasn’t a minging girl. As far as I could remember, everyone of “the brothers” has lost a girl to Mark. Mark is one of the lucky ones… the ones who were born with charm (some of us had to work on our “game” and develop our charm but Mark was different)… Mark was very eloquent with words which made all the girls all wide-eyed…. Like “is it???” (if you know what I mean)… he had wit as well (something he had in common with me… alongside with good looks, money and all the good stuff)…

I’ll start with me… I went to a party with Mark… and I was having a good time with this girl… when Mark just came out of nowhere and joined in the conversation… it was nice having him there, since I was just cracking jokes with this girl… even though the thought of getting her number was on my mind… but I reckoned I could leave that till later… that was when Mark said “Can I have your number?”… and I’m like ???? What’s going on… I didn’t say anything… because that was my boy? This wasn’t any competition... (which was a regular game “the brothers” happened to play…? ) … like you would have guessed he gave the girl his number… she rang him days later… he did what he had to… and I was like “Raw… that could have been me bruv!”…..

Next was Michael… Michael had met this girl, and he was doing things with her… Mark had suggested he wanted a piece of the pie as well… Michael reluctantly gave Mark the girl’s number… thinking Mark could have some and he could keep on getting his “thing” as well… Mark started meeting up with this girl and lets put it this way… this girl never picked up any of Michael’s call since meeting Mark… but the good thing is… there was no beef… Beef is not tolerated in the circle of the brothers… your girlfriend… could be tested…by any member of “the brothers”… its up to her to pass the test… if she failed... it’s all good… we don’t tolerate unfaithful partners!!!

Byron’s case is the funniest!!! Because it happened today!!! Byron and I went on a double date with this girl and her friend… (about 4 years ago… we were both 18 then…) Byron was into this girl but she wasn’t showing him anything… when the date ended… we walked the girls to the bus stop… (it was freezing cold as well).. we were still having a laugh, when the girl Byron liked… called some boy (apparently) to come pick her up!!!! (I MEAN???!!!) … before the boy got there… Byron asked for her number… and she gave it to him on her terms “AS FRIENDS” she said…. And Byron never phoned her even though he liked her off…. Anyway… four years on… Mark saw this same girl when we were all together… Byron couldn’t say crap!!! (don’t ask me why)…. But Mark went up to this girl and guess what he said… “Here’s my number… call me tonight” AND LIKE YOU’D NEVER HAVE GUESSED, THIS GIRL RANG HIM THAT SAME NIGHT…..SUNDAY NIGHT!!!! I couldn’t stop screaming/laughing… this was a joke!!!! It wasn’t like Mark had waved a bunch of £50 notes in her face or was wearing Gucci clothing from head to toe…. He was just normal Mark having a laugh… I couldn’t tell if Byron was pissed or was indifferent… but it was funny… we couldn’t stop laughing…

We spent about the whole evening, talking and catching up… it was fun…..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home