Thursday, February 03, 2005

Feb 3, 2005

Woke up this morning with the strangest feeling, remembered some girl I used to love off when I was in college (some odd four years ago!!!). It's kinda funny the way you like someone and just watch them from the shadows without being able to walk up to them and tell them how you feel. We've all been guilty of this act of weakness/fear whichever you wanna call it at some point in our lives. Why are we so scared of being rejected? Why can't we humans be optimistic and assume he/she will say, "Oh, that's good, I fancy you too" but I suppose we are trained to always prepare for the worst. The most memorable day I shared with this girl was... in a library (great! how romantic), I was having a chat with the librarian, then she walked up to the librarian and pointed out the fact that the "Please be quiet" notification on the walls were spelt wrong. The librarian had written "Please be quite", and the librarian... (some poor old git) was arguing the word 'quiet' was spelt right... and she asked for my opinion... dont ask me how... and why, but I said it was spelt right... and she was like no... its not and some few seconds later, it dawned on me that it was actually spelt wrong... WHAT A GREAT IMPRESSION!!!... "What a twat! can't even spell the word quiet!" She must have thought. How come I couldn't come up with some cheesy line like "Actually, it was a set up I had with the librarian just to get a buff intelligent girl like you to come up here and talk to me"... at least she would have smiled...
I can still remember her name, Tina, she had a distinctive scar/birth mark on her right or left cheek (can't remember which one), thick kissable lips and had this guy who played basketball for the college all following her around (I think they family friends...should I say I hoped they were)... she also had a lil' brother... (SEE THAT'S HOW MUCH STALKING YOU DO FROM THE SHADOWS WHEN YOU LIKE SOMEONE BUT NOT BOLD ENOUGH TO TELL THEM)... saw her like a few months after we finished college, at the cinema... (she came with some other people, including her little brother)... didn't have the nerves to go up to her and say... "How are you, what are you doing now?" Anyways that was time ago, I won't be so naive to make that mistake again... If you see something you like, go for it! Dont hesitate (NEVER)... I remember going to a party, saw this nice girl, was having a chat with her, until my friend came along and joined in the conversation, and he popped up the question "Can I have your number", with much persuasion from him, he got the number, and he's getting a lil' sum'um now... and I keep thinking to myself... "Hmm.... that could have been me"... Trust me that's not a situation you wanna be in!

I'm well stressed, got so much work to do at work! It will be alright though... (I hope). Guess who phoned me at work today.... Louise, just finding out how I've been and slipped in a compliment about the other night being great! (Right... cut the crap and ask when next I wanna meet up). She wants to meet up this weekend, I told her I'll get back to her.... Still dont know what I'm doing this weekend, maybe I could squeeze her in... (I know I'm going against my word...but lets see what happens)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home