Thursday, November 16, 2006

Why say yes in the first place?

I really have to know if it’s me or happens to everyone in general. Have you ever had that one girl you met and you were so excited about, next thing you talking on the phone and you ask her out (agree to meet up to do some fun activity… no! it’s not what you think). You didn’t force her or pressure her into it… easily and freely she says “Yes, I’d love to.” You come off the phone thinking to yourself… “Wow! Is this really me…? I’m going to see her this weekend… YES!!!” Depending on what day you ask her out (preferable Wednesday… to go out during the weekend…. Monday means, you’ve put too much thought into it…. Friday means… it’s a booty call… Wednesday is just perfect). Thursday and Friday come, and you cant stop thinking about seeing her on Saturday… you’ve told your mates you’ve got this fantastic date on Saturday.
Saturday afternoon, you’ve just got your car washed, feeling happy and proud (or gone down to the corner shop to get your bus pass/travel card if you not so mobile). Saturday evening… just when you are about to jump into the shower… you get that text message… your heart skips a bit… normally you are excited to get text messages right? You open it and see her name… you swallow hard… you know what’s in there… you know what she’s about to tell you… you’ve got no choice now… you have to open it (well you can delete it…).

“I’m so sorry, I can’t make it tonight… [I have to do something for my mom I’m still at work I’m feeling a bit sick I’ve just got back from work, and I’m so tired].”

Well… you’ve just being flaked! Here’s the hardest part… what do you do after you receive that text? Ignore it and never mention it? Call her and try to persuade her? Text her back and tell her off for ruining your weekend? Empathize with her? Try to get the next date?

To be honest with you, I don’t have the right answer… when this happens to me… I’ve done all of the above… I’d like to know what the right answer is though because it’s really annoying. Correct me if I’m wrong… but if a girl was really into you and really like you and wanted to see you… she’d make every effort to see you… I’m only left to try to explain things from my point of view…. It’s something I’ve done myself… I’ve flaked a few girls myself… and I’ve never had a genuine reason for flaking her… it’s usually because… something better had come up… a party somewhere (where there’s a possibility of meeting someone better), someone else to go out with, just wasn’t into seeing her as much as I did when I asked her out… As far as I’m concerned, there’s no good reason to flake someone out… not unless, you are sitting on a hospital bed!

If she doesn’t suggest another time, then she really wasn’t into meeting up with you! But back my original question… why say “Yes” in the first place?

Can anyone woman answer this question?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

if a woman doesnt know a man well enough, she may not know how to say no directly to him, because she doesnt know how his reaction will be.
the other reason that it could be is that, at the time, it might have seemed an appealing idea, but after time thinking through, she considers otherwise.
and the final reason, is maybe she really (does have a cold,is tired,has a lot of stuff to do e.t.c.)

7:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The asnw 2 dis is v complic8d. Firstly, she may already b attached, but at the same tym stil lyk u....u can lyk 1 person's mouth n anova person's eyes simultaneously....know what I mean? So when she'e caught up in da moment wiv u, she may get carried away n say 'yes', but on further thought, decide this is not such a gud idea, as she is not da cheatin type, n duznt want 2 hurt any1's feelings. So really, da prob is not u, but jus da fact dat she is stuck btw a rock n a hard place....hope u undastand x

4:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

firstly dnt listen 2 dese pple it may actually be a genuine thing bein a woman myself it has hpnd 2 me ive been all excited 2 meet a guy then my mum comes along an ruins my plans! its ur mum u cant say no!!! but with me if i liked the guy id tel him id either phone him later that nite or the nx day an if i really wasnt that interested i wouldnt have said id call an if he tried 2 call me da nx day i wldnt answer... basically it is complicated cus different situations call 4 different explanations but if a girl does let u dwn an she id interested she will call u within the nx 2 days of cancellin ur date an if she doesnt get the hint!!!

peace
confusionoffusion
bloggerspot
.com

1:33 am  
Blogger xxxxxxxx said...

this is a classic test for perseverance, when she said yes, she meant yes. she is probably a kind of girl that wants to know your level of commitment, one way to find out is by testing your ability to persevere and persist, you would have impressed her by offering to her her with her chores, pick her up for another date e.t.c.....

10:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home