Wednesday, August 23, 2006

I have not failed, I have just found 10,000 ways that wont work-Thomas Edison (11/2/1847 - 18/10/1931)

One factor that makes us human is that our rationale can stunt our growth. Whereas in the animal kingdom, it is based on primal instinct. I started my lovelife young, I was that guy with the older brother, who had the reputation, the name... and therefore was obliged by society to live up the glory that had been pre-destined for him. I never complained, because along the way it had it's perks, the girls who I now realised were attracted to what can only be entitled the "power of the famous name". For When people heard the name; it had recognition, it produced local heraldry and I was to find out, misery also. For what happenes when you accomplish every adolescent fantasy that can be legitimately achieved within the cordons of the extreme? I have always been too big for my boots, I hit puberty before all my friends, I have matured somewhat too fast I think, ( I was tall for my age, but everyones seems to have caught up ) I have been blessed to be naturally gifted in many area's of my life, academically, physically, and socially. I am what I call a coaster... The guy who does just enough, but could do more... Should do more. What happens when your natural aptitude for learning no longer brings you adequate fulfillment. I found fulfillment in area's of my life that looking back I do not regret, but wish there had been an easier way. For those experiences make Metrosexuality who is he today. And whom so ever looks back on the past in dispair at what can not be changed is a person who I believe will not reach their full potential. It is always a shame when talent goes to waste. I take inspiration as a graphic advertising designer myself, I pay homage to scientists who were at the forefront not only of design of the modern era, but also inspitationally original. The concept behind design is to make life easier, more accessible and look better. The lightbulb hasn't changed very much in over 120 years and neither have women. My point being that one factor that makes us human is that our rationale can stunt our growth. Whereas in the animal kingdom, it is. They look better, smell better, but essentially, emotionally they are the same. It's a shame they don't dress better though. Let's be original thinkers and push civilazation that step further.

"Metrosexuality"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home