Saturday, December 03, 2005

Back to the year...two thousand and GRACE....

Today was pretty the same as every other day for the past week, dull and boring but with the exception of the way Adelle walked into the cafe so gracefully just like one of those model chicks you see in New Bond St. Adelle is this FINE Girl I met in the 1st year of college. I’ve always had a thing for this girl but it’s like she'd never open herself to me. I always gave her little hints that I wanted to get with her, but it’s like we just kept going around in circles.

Adelle was sitting with her friends as she always does so; I never got the chance to have a 121 conversation with her. Her friends were very unlike her, they are all loud while she was more in the chillzone. Adelle is very much laid back(not quiet)…

Rachel was also one of Adelles close friends, out of all of their batch, Rachael was like the feminist. Rachel was sexy in her own way, in other words let's just say she knew how to look good. Rachel can be very controlling sometimes, especially towards her friends. Its like if I wanted to move to one of her friends, she actually had the power to convince them that I am a bad guy and I am just like 'the rest', I mean, most girls of today aren’t really controlled by their friends anymore right????....at least I hope not. Rachel reminded me of the character that Gabrielle Union plays in the movie 'Deliver Us from Eva'. I get the idea that she has been seriously hurt in the past and had her heart shattered, leading to this sort of 'stush', uptight, untouchable attitude she has. Either way I’m sure she won't get in the way and ruin my chances with Adelle......
.

I don't know if it’s me or are girls just getting smarter when it comes to subject of 'lovers and friends'? NO! I know it’s not just me.

I always thought that I had TOTAL control over the opposite sex until Grace came and destroyed all my dreams. I used to have this sort of mentality that all girls were the same and they all played these silly games, pretending like they care but they don't, I guess that makes two of us…(men AND women). That was until i met Grace. She changed the whole way I thought about girls, I mean, she made we think that maybe there was a chance and MAYBE i could actually pour my feelings out to another girl. You'll soon find out what happened with me and Grace, but let’s take it back to the early days, when nobody even knew what 'game' was…lol.

I had a thing for Adelle before i got with Grace, which was why i found it so hard to feel attached to Grace, even though I was STILL at Adelles gate... While I liked Adelle and before I got with Grace, I was talking to this girl called Winnie….

Winnie was a different type of girl; she was not the average girl you see 'on road'. She had class, which was rare amongst most girls at that point in time. The thing is, I sort of wanted her as my girl but i don't think that was the way she wanted things to be. Maybe its because she had been hurt badly in the past and was scared to get herself into another sticky relationship. The funny thing is that we both knew what we wanted but I just wasn't too sure about what her intentions were of getting with me. Either way I knew that I was going to get MY piece, after all that’s what she wanted rite.....

To get to the point, me and Winnie both got what we wanted at the end of the day but it was like we both were unsure of how we felt after we did 'the do'. I did not want to go all the way with her because I did not want her to get attached to me, she had a serious ghost lurking around her palace somewhere so I knew she was still interacting with this ghost…... That is one thing you don't want, well I didn’t…..what? Aren’t YOU scared of ghosts…?

Now where were we? Oh yea. I did my ting with Winnie and we were still on talking terms. This was when I met Grace (the villain). I knew her from before but we never really used to talk. Raf was always telling me to move to her but I was like nah, i mean, she aint good enough for me, thought I was the biggest guy on the scene…. I just kept on fronting like I didn't want her then one day i thought, what the heck! Besides after my thing with Winnie I just wanted a wifey. Like Kelly said.” never get yourself when you feel you need something(e.g. a partner)”. Imagine, Raheem settling down that was news to my friends... I was never really a relationship type person.
I was young and didn't want to get caught up with any girl at that time. You see even though I had never been hurt before, i knew close friends that have been badly hurt and burnt by relationships going wrong and seeing what they went through just put me off the whole getting together thing. I guess I was scared to see the palace.
This Grace chick was nothing special then, I mean, it wasn't like she used to have guys rushing to her in desperation. She was an average girl. I knew that if i was to start going out with her, things will be o.k. and no one will be able to take her from me, at least that’s what I kept saying to myself…….brothers need security too you know.
I didn't really think much into what i was getting into, besides i just wanted a girl to be THERE, someone I could talk to, chill with and always go back to…..there’s no crime in that right?????

I then decided to take my chances with Grace and go for it.........

(The story continues…………….)

Raheem

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home