Sunday, November 27, 2005

It's a thing where it's not a thing... you see it?

There is a saying that says opposites attract... That's often true but my recent experience proved otherwise. Kelly was riding the wave of little kid in the candy store. You see something you love, you pick it and eat it... you see another thing you love... you pick it and eat it. It became such a routine I was bored of eating candy... not until I came across this candy store where the sweets were kept in this opaque jar. All I knew was there were sweets in there... I had no clue of kind of sweets where in there not to mention if they were tasty or not! At this point I was bored of eating sweets so I wasnt so keen on knowing what sweets where in the jar but out of curiosity I just kept probing... and like you'd guessed I still aint seen the sweets in the jar. While I was in this sweet shop I saw the ice-cream van drive by, the ice-cream looked juicy, I ran after the ice-cream van... but then there was this persistent thought in my head about what could be in that jar. For all I know it could be empty... all I've been told was that there were sweets in the jar. I gave up on chasing the ice-cream van and headed back into the sweet shop... and yet I still wasnt allowed to see the sweets!!! At this point I had made up my mind I wanted the sweets in the jar and nothing else... at this point I had made the assumption that whatever sweet was in the jar, it must be the best ever sweet in the world to be kept under such conditions... This was the beginning of Kelly's downward spiral...

"Lesson 1: Never get yourself in a situation where you feel you need something or someone!"

Her name is Karen. If anyone had told me Karen would be the one to clip Kelly's ever soaring wings... I would have laughed out loud. When I met Karen I had walked past her over a dozen times and never even noticed her until I was leaving the party. Even when I noticed her, I didnt notice her for her looks... I only noticed her because she was standing right next to the person I was talking to. I didnt the quick Kelly scan... "Not my type!" I thought. She wasnt wearing what a Kelly chic would wear so on first appearances I had ruled her out. The next few minutes changed the course of my life for the following seven months... I got hold of her number... I text her the next morning... nothing special just a "good morning" text... and trust me that's all it read... she text me back... she remembered me... good thing. Next thing... I text her saying I met some girl the other day and she looks kinda alright... but I dont know if it's worth getting to know her... (You see the game there? Moving to a girl is like a sales conversation... one person buys something at the end of the day.... either she buys the idea of you being the next big thing in her life and she agrees to be your subject of attention... OR SHE SELLS YOU THE FACT THAT SHE DOESNT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT WHAT YOU SELLING... there is always a close! in this case look at the sequence of the conversation...

Karen: Alright looking? I dont think that's good enough for you... you should move on.
Kelly: Move on? (me being a poker head!).... Are you bluffing because I just might call your bluff?
Karen: Bluff? I dont bluff luv.
Kelly: In that case... I fold... I won't move on.

You see it? If that was game of poker.. I would have lost the pot to her! I knew what cards I was packing... I'm Kelly! I got this whole game on lock... this was a girl I didnt even think was all that and I just lost he mind game...

"Lesson 2: There is no such thing as a minor loss!"

Every battle counts! At this point I was still on the riding on the assumption that she was playing games... what if she wasnt? makes things a lot more different! I was so sure of this that I ruled out the possibility of her not playing games... remember... she wasnt a big deal to me so I thought this would have been a minor job... but boy was I wrong... with every loss (and trust me I was losing big here...) I kept on raising the stakes... like an addictive gambler... betting enough to win back my previous loses... I was engrossed in her... in her game... in her world... I was in too deep to pull out... Kelly had always been a winner... and now I was turing to a loser... I wasnt going to make her the one who got away... I was breaking all the rules in the sugarlounge manual... remember the seven signs tos how a girl is not on it? i.e. she wouldnt return your calls...? I knew all this in my head but I kept on thinking... let me break the bank for this job and I'll gain my reputation back.... JUST THIS ONE! Turned out to be a turn of no return!ed into her own little world and she wasnt taking no prisoners...

"Lesson 3: Before you walk into a room ensure there is an exit door!"

I had dumped all my strategies... (obviously because they werent working with this one!)... I went caveman on her... brute force... all in... did it work? Er... NO! She was killing me... Kelly had finally met her match... this first ever Kelly chic... all the previous Kelly chics have all been the outside stuff... dressing and countenance... Karen had it inside of her... she wasnt weak like the other girls... she was independent... I never appreciated her beauty until the day I finally went out with her!!! (note the word FINALLY!!! this was like almost two months after I met her...)... remember the saying difficult chics are the sweetest...??? We eventually went on this date... it was so surreal... because to me this was an achievement... a landmark... a milestone in my quest for Karen's heart... Trust me being Kelly... all I need was one date... I usually got through the gate after the first date... WHICH I THOUGHT I DID... We did all the right things... I treated her like a lady... and everything in the sugarlounge book about treating a lady... the compliments... I had it covered... I thought I had won the battle.. when she said I was an 8/10... to me I was the happiest man in the world... I was like... the hard work was well worth it... She had finally deserved the crown to be Kelly's girlfriend... that is no cheap title... it wkes hard work... ask Louise, Marie, Ameire, Amy... it was no easy fit... At the stage... I had been so hit by Karen's charm... I was carrying her banner high... and after all this five months of summer love... what was her say?

"elly... I dont know if I like you... I like you 100% as a friend but I dont wanna rush into anything... cause that's not the way I do things..."

WHAT??? Kelly has been given the "Let's just be friend's" line??? The last time I got that line was like four years ago... and the girl who said that ended up eating her words she was told me we should take things to the "next level".... and what was my answer...? "I'm not quite sure if I wanna go to the next level... I pretty like it here in the garden..." Afterall I was getting all the benefits a guy in the palace gets... only that I was a free man... she wanted to lock me down... but back then that seemed to far off... but four years on... I wouldnt have thought any girl would say that to me... Now that Karen had said it... will she one day eat her words? I still want Karen... and it's a thing where I know I will get here... because Kelly never loses at the end of the day... I still got more chips... and I'll give on raising the stakes until the day she says "Let's take it to the next level..." and by then the size of the pot will be so fat, I will be grinning like a cheshire cat...

"Karen.... it's a thing whre it's not a thing... You see it? You see it?"


Kelly

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Never get yourself in a situation where you feel you need something or someone!"

sounds like someone's scared of committment

2:47 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure there is a difference b/w commitment and being "on lock" dont you think?

4:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big post! Kelly I'm behind you, you should get Karen

I MEAN!!! who does she think she is?

5:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I must say I'm glad that you are back Kelly. You give me enough joke!

6:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course there's a difference, being on lock is being where u dont want to be in the first place or being involved at that level of seriousness and not finding the maturity to put that right, committment involves a lot of maturity :-)

12:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey i got a question for you:
what would you have to say about someone who has met the person they believe is their soulmate as in the only one who can and has reached the palace and they are still like 2 years or 3 from being able to committ to a lifetime relationship (marriage) due to unfinished side buisness(finance, school stuffs like that)and then along the line,things dont work out because one or both give up but this really is the person who has gotten to the palace and you know no one else can,everyone else would have to do with the gate and the garden esp.,but they still let go........Not asking for advice, just an analysis.Think of it like an essay.Bet u've done essays so..
Oh P.S. this is for the original starter of this blog,not the other recent ones or the bogous ones..
thnx,no offence intended

12:30 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dat garden, gate n palace thing only applys 2 older ppl cos wen ur in secondary school u aint lookin for no palace u jus want tings!

7:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

for tyson,

it applys to everyone, maybe raheem never mentioned "service men" and ghosts. Service men are people who budge into the palace (in thru the gate and garden) because they are there for a purpose... to soothe a need. We all know people need to be serviced every now and then, so in that case they will be service men... like people coming to fix you boiler. And ghosts are like "the ones that got away"... the ex-boyfriends and the first love... who the girl still has hidden feelings for... they cause problems for the guy in the palace... So trust me you dont wanna be in a palace with a ghost or ghosts as the case may be!

9:24 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the question about the soulmate,

I could have said I was almost flattered when you directed this question to Mr Kelly himself. You are asking for an analysis not advice right... fair enough. I'm not going to sit here all day and give you an analysis of something you've already got the answers to and you are plainly adopting the ostrich approach: head in sand. I'll help you out though by asking you some questions... then maybe you can do the analysis yourself.
What is a soulmate and what makes you think this person qualifies as a soulmate?
Even though I must say I like "The Matrix" approach... "The ONLY one that can reach the palace"... why do you think this person is the only one... maybe you are just being lazy about going through the only gate-garden-palace process with a different guy
Why didnt things work out along the line?
Why did one or both of them give up? dont forget people give up on something when they lose their belief in it
Why do you feel no one else can reach the palace?
Why do you think they let go?
Why do you think they shouldnt let go?

Looks like we might have ourselves a ghost story here. Big tip: Ghosts dont like new residents, if someone new comes in, you are sure they'll surface again... you wanna see them again? Get someone new in the house and the ghost will show up... if they dont show up then they are just memories in the house... as harmless as photos of old ancestors... it's then your job to throw away the pictures... so one thing you wanna do is find out if this guy is a ghost or just a memory (a photo)... GO ON...GET SOMEONE NEW IN THE HOUSE... but be warned... ghost know the difference between servicemen and real princes... they dont bother show up with the servicemen... THEY KNOW WHEN THEIR POSITION IN THE HEART IS BEING COMPROMISED!

damn I ended up writing an essay!

Kelly

12:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good questions. i must say i'm almost :-) impressed. and the use of ghost and memories is quite good. i'll answer the questions or explain further

'Why didnt things work out along the line?'
its not that things didnt work out,things just havent gone as planned YET,not that they cant..n i guess one was running out of patience


Why did one or both of them give up?
because the circumstances were becoming really unbearable..bcos 99% of pple that age wouldnt be that committed,and maybe the circumstances that surrounded the relationship were really really tough...(but hey,the hotter the furnace the finer the gold right?lol)

'dont forget people give up on something when they lose their belief in it'
oh no, losing hope is not in this story and if you believe in something and you know its true, how would you stop believeing in it?How??as long as its true

Why do you feel no one else can reach the palace?

you want to call it lazy?thats one way.yes u're right,maybe one doesnt want anyone else to get to the palace.In life,destiny doesnt control u,rather u control it.but sometimes,you feel like there's no better path to take

Why do you think they let go?
maybe they dont want to ruin a good thing and think a way of preserving it is by letting go for a while and seeing if its true enough to stay

Why do you think they shouldnt let go?
maybe they are scared that it might not stay...which means they dont want to let go because they know no one else can reach that throne room in the palace (yup i just added my bit to your theory.. the throne room..now that place is reallyy special)

good analysis

i'd give you a ... C

:-)

or wat do u think?

11:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont talk parables, tell us the raw story... from A-Z... what happened with you and this guy? Real stories that what we want!

11:03 am  
Blogger Miguel Harper said...

I must say Kelly, that's analysis of the Palace'ghosts' is so REAL. Reminds me of my situation with Grace......And it is true, ghosts won't reappear if they know that the 'newcomer' is a serviceman, when there's a real prince in the palace, that's when things get real sticky, with me, i took me a long time in trying to figure out whether the newcomer to Grace's palace was a serviceman or prince....

Raheem

1:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home